Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Science of Poetry

The Science of Poetry.

I watched the smoke fade toward the light
And dissapear to ash again
I write in the dead man’s medium,
With paper and a pen.

I saw a world with Walt Whitman
And tears for what once was.
Writing on a blackboard
Where the formula becomes art,
And the written word dies hard.

Teach me now, meter and rhythm
A new way to read the words.
Explain the way, the writers wrote
Change their letters into numbers
And KILL the written word.

Click your keys, and watch your films,
Why bother to turn a page?
The written word burns slowly,
Fighting the modern age.

So now there’s no more meter
No rhyme or science here.
Today we take back poetry,
Scratch ink upon a page
If only to watch it turn red
With the feelings in our veins.


...I'm also super drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment